Saturday, May 07, 2011

Adrian's Summer Running 2011: Week 1

Well, week 1 is complete and I didn't do as well as I would have liked.  The Top of Utah Half Marathon, that I had already signed up for, is on Saturday, August 27, 2011.  So that put it at 17 weeks away.  My training method is a 12 week training so, right now I'm looking at 5 weeks of non-structured training.

I played soccer on Sunday and wondered how I should log those miles.  I emailed our fitness guy and he suggested using a pedometer.  While that doesn't sound very accurate, I decided to make up a metric of every half hour of heavy exertion in a sport, I'll count that as 1 mile.  This way, I know I went over 1 mile but I'm safely underestimating it.

Here are my results from Week 1 of the cardio/fitness challenge

No comments: