Saturday, August 15, 2009

a little frustrated

I've been trying to work my graduate school life around Olsen, so anytime I get any free time from Olsen, I HAVE to spend it doing work, because being a Ph.D student is supposed to be a full-time job. Plus I am getting paid pretty generously (in terms of graduate stipends) to be a graduate student, and I need to make sure that I earn it. But this leaves me with no time to myself to do something that I would consider fun. This is horrible, but sometimes I feel a little resentful that Adrian has his soccer that he plays twice a week and is in an all-day tournament today. I'm glad he has the opportunity to play soccer and get his exercise and he really is a HUGE help with Olsen, but sometimes I wish I had something similar for myself. But really, it doesn't matter, because like I said, whenever I do get the time away from Olsen, I can't really justify doing anything other than work (plus, I'm also a little behind where I should be in my graduate program). I don't know - I'm just frustrated and a little discouraged right now. I need some balance in my life and right now, I'm just not sure that it's possible. Maybe it will be when Olsen gets a little older...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I would feel the exact same way. I will pray for you sweet friend.