Thursday, December 01, 2005

it's almost over!

school is almost over! Currently, I am stressed about my data analysis project. My advisor keeps changing the dataset and I have to go back and redo some of my analyses. My last paper for that class is due Wednesday and that is when our poster presentation that highlights all of our results from the past semester is as well.

my last mineralogy lab was today. :) sad but also kind of relieved. It took a lot of my time. I had to prepare the lab materials, work through the lab, make nice notes for the class, make quizzes, grade labs, grade quizzes every week. I learned a lot and I had fun working with some of the students. I didn't do too much work on my thesis this semester though. :(

I also might have to teach petrology next semester....I'm not sure how I feel about that. It will be a lot of work again. Also, I never enjoyed the lab as an undergrad...it's pretty much all looking at thin sections, and many students never look at thin sections ever again and most don't enjoy the lab. So I found this great website called, "teaching petrology in the 21st century" and it had some great activities. It involved the students working with real datasets to figure out mantle compositions and rock suites. sooooo, I talked to the petrology professor and he pretty much said that I could do whatever I wanted - that he doesn't ever get involved with the lab, just that I had to include some thin section work. Sigh, so if I do that, that is going to take a TON of time....and thesis must be completed!

No comments: