and my paper and poster are done!!!! Well, pretty much done. I just have a few touch-ups and then that's it! I have to say that data analysis was a difficult course. It was a lot of work and often I wasn't too sure that I really understood what was going on. But in the end, I have found the class to be pretty satisfying, because I completed analysis on a dataset, came up with REAL, interesting conclusions that I didn't anticipate, and made a beautiful poster illustrating and explaining my results.
What a great teaching tool. I wonder if I could do something like that for petrology next semester where the students (in groups) have a dataset, hand samples, and thin sections of an area and work on it throughout the semester to analyze it and then make a poster to present their results...hmm, I don't know, I think I am getting in over my head, and I don't think I really know enough about petrology to create this. Well, I'll think about it during the break. :)