Saturday, February 04, 2006

yonder mountain string band

Last night, Adrian and I went to Houston to see the Yonder Mountain String Band. They consist of 4 guys: a mandolin, guitar, banjo, and upright bass. They were really good. There were a lot more people than I had anticipated. The only bad thing was that it didn't start until 9, so it was a late night and a lot of people were smoking. I think I washed my smoky clothes in 3 different loads.

It was a very different crowd from the Nickel Creek concert we went to in Los Angeles. I think Nickel Creek might be a little classier. YMSB was a lot of fun, though. But I think Chris Thile plays the mandolin better.

Today was such a beautiful day. I like Saturdays spent doing chores around the house and outside. I washed tons of clothes and blankets and sheets and washed Lucy. We cut up a pineapple, stirred the compost, and tried to clean my quartz clusters that I got in Arkansas last semester some more. We also tied some more corn cobs in the trees for the squirrels. Lucy got to run around with her dog friends, Mason and Dixie. Now I am making a volcano for my petrology lab next week.

No comments: