Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas time!

It feels like Christmas time! Students are taking finals and are winding down for the semester. It's glorious - except I'm not really supposed to be winding down. I should be working - but sometimes it's hard. When I don't specifically have something that needs to be done by a certain time, it is harder to motivate myself to do it. And when it seems like people are finishing for the semester, it makes me want to finish too. oh, well, I am trudging along with my data, although slowly - with many, many distractions...

Adrian and I are also having a Christmas dinner next week with some of our local amigos and amigas. I hope people have a pleasant time. I am a little nervous, because for this gathering, we are kind of mixing "groups" of friends together, and I hope that's okay. We just wanted to have all our friends who are still in town to come and I am a little lazy and don't really want to have multiple dinners (plus there's limited days when it could be done anyways). I am going home this weekend for a longer weekend and will have a trial run of Rosemary-Scented Pork Loin Stuffed with Roasted Garlic, Dried Apricots, and Cranberries and Port Wine Pan Sauce. I've never cooked a big, chunk of meat before, so it will be a good learning experience. :)

No comments: